Monday, July 25, 2022

Now I’m delivering novel turns of phrase

https://news.yahoo.com/now-m-delivering-novel-turns-061506591.html

Now I’m delivering novel turns of phrase

Article Excerpt: "...When I was a mail carrier, my days off rotated through the week. I got one actual weekend off every six weeks, and worked all the other Saturdays. I loved that postal schedule, though. It was great to have days off in the middle of the week when other people were working. Stores were empty, and I had hiking trails to myself. I had signed on as a letter carrier at age 23, aware that I would be able to retire at 55, and even back then I knew it was a great deal. ...All I did was stick mail into the holes in people’s houses, and my former salary impresses no one. But I did retire rich. It’s easy to do if you have a solid middle-class union wage and a bit of a pension, and your idea of entertainment is to juice birds and make a bunch of stars."



Resource: yahoo.com

retirement

Read More