Thursday, February 2, 2023

Biden’s fixation on cutting Social Security dates back to the Reagan era

Biden’s fixation on cutting Social Security dates back to the Reagan era

Article Excerpt: "...“I tried with Senator Grassley back in the 1980s to freeze all government spending, including Social Security, including everything,” Biden said in 1995. ...“When I argued that we should freeze federal spending, I meant Social Security as well,” he told the Senate in 1995. “I meant Medicare and Medicaid. I meant veterans’ benefits. I meant every single solitary thing in the government. And I not only tried it once, I tried it twice, I tried it a third time, and I tried it a fourth time.” (A freeze would have reduced the amount that would be paid out, cutting the program’s benefit.)" ...Biden himself, at least on his campaign website, now supports making Social Security more generous, not less. But that’s at odds with decades of his own advocacy, a record that could become a major political liability



Resource: theintercept.com

Biden’s fixation on cutting Social Security, Social Security Cut Quotes from Biden,